Saturday, June 13, 2009

Clarification and Knee Magic


Thanks to everyone who's left responses to my last post. Especially you, Miss Olivia. Who says O stands for Oprah??


I'm afraid I allowed my love of drama in writing to influence the language of my last post. I wrote: I am homeless. I am virtually broke and I have no health insurance. Well, I'm not really homeless. The other part? The broke and no health insurance part? That's true, but so are a lot of other people and at this time, in our country, starting at $0 may not be such a bad place. I would be homeless if it weren't for my family and friends in Georgia and my community in Polson. You can't buy that with all the $$ in the world.

In the meantime, I've got some standing up to do. Finally. Some standing up for myelf, declaring my place in this crazy world and then letting it all go. Do ya'll get that's how it works? You have to be willing to let it all go. Good thing I've got lots of practice!!

I hasn't escaped my notice that in my recovery each time I come back to my intention for the first direction of the medicine wheel, the East, which is self-care, the universe moves into motion for me. I committed to not drinking and to focusing on my physical health and my physical health, with my knee, is playing a huge part in this hilarious samsara. Source - he/she/it really does have a sense of humor.

3 comments:

thailandchani said...

I'm so with you on all of this, Angela. Especially the standing-up part. It's hard for women to do that, as much as I hate to admit it. Our truth matters.. and it's time for us to claim it.

Do you agree? :)



~*

Olivia said...

I'm glad my post helped, and I'm glad you're looking forward to standing up for yourself---YES! And you're right about being at zero. Our country's medical system is a mess and many people go through bankruptcy (I did 1X) because of medical bills.

And I agree with Chani, too. Our truth matters!

Love and healing,

O

CB said...

I love how your leg is on top of your tarot reading...you probably need the break from working at that inn! Did you live and work there? I once had a living situation like that, on a llama farm. It actually went quite well for about 2 years but, that kind of living, where your boss is your landlord, gets old after a while.