Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Travel

My Sacred Life

I love to travel, but in my opinion business travel just sucks. I'm in Tampa, Florida for a tradeshow for the company I work for, Doctor Down. I love the product we make and generally meet very interesting people at these shows. But due to financial considerations, my boss only sends one person and it's too much work for one person. I get mad at him every time I have to do one of these things alone. To make matters a little worse this time, I had an allergic reaction to some medication which caused an itchy rash ON MY FEET. Then I wore my strappy, sexy, cute sandals to walk to dinner the other night just because, well, you know, it's Florida, and rubbed a huge blister on the bottom of my foot. So now I'm forced to wear my Montana Danskos, which I love by the way, but they just don't fit the style here. Trust me, if you had a picture of all the feet at the tradeshow, mine would definitely stand out. I am not having fun! I'm tempted to feel that I left my sacred life back in Montana - that I flew right away from it on that airplane and it won't resume until I return. Ridiculous, right? Right. I take my sacred life with me, and finding the sacredness in situations like this is when I know it's settled in deep within me and that no one or nothing can take it away. There is one big bonus on this trip. My folks are visiting me from Georgia since it's such a short plane ride away. So my mom arrived yesterday and my dad will get here today. The show is over at noon today and after I'm done packing up I have all afternoon to putz around with them and enjoy the sea breezes a little bit. I basically wanted anyone reading to know I didn't fall off the face of the earth - I've just been a little busy, a little exhausted, but still find time to feel thankful for this life I have. I'll have some pictures to post when I return. Can't wait to have time to check in with everyone else.

5 comments:

Annie Z said...

Glad I'm not the only one whose life took them away from blogging for a while. And just like, my sacred life came with every step of the way. I am so grateful.
Annie
xxx

Anonymous said...

Well, your writing is just as beautiful from there, anyway...

Miss you A LOT here, Angela. Have a wonderful and present time with your folks, and then COME HOME!!

love claud

Anonymous said...

To make matters worse, your sister wigged out on you.

Enjoy Mom and Dad!

Cindy

Anonymous said...

What Claud said !! Grateful to hear you share your feelings.
My guess is your sacred life is shining from your toes to the top of your lovely head. love, beej

jennifergg said...

Gee, I leave my sacred life every time I leave Montana, too...that's what keeps me coming back, I guess. Maybe that's the meaning of home?