Monday, October 15, 2007

Success and Abundance

I had so much fun creating this vision board. I initially wanted to put my intention for the success of my business into the board and I did that, but it turned into a lot more than that before it was done. As I perused magazines for pictures, words and ideas that had meaning for me, a process happened that I wasn't expecting. I believe this is a powerful tool for getting in touch with the subconscious because it was only when I finished that I became of aware of why I chose some of the things I did. I of course want my business to be successful for me and the artists I'm working with, but I began to realize that I define success and abundance in my own way. Those little tags at the top of the board all say, "Yes". I got those out of a Lucky magazine (my magazine addiction finally came in handy by the way!) and I outlined the board with them as my way of saying "Yes!" to all the wonderful beauty and abundance in the Universe. "Yes! Yes!" and "Yes!" again. The "Openarms" is another way of my saying to creation, "Bring it on. I'm ready."I also included words like, "great, easy and simple" because I'm realizing that things just don't have to be so damned hard all the time. I have a lot of power over how simple or complicated I make my life and here is me saying to me, "Keep it simple, stupid." I found myself really attracted to pictures of beautiful, nourishing food and included that because eating well and healthy and thankfully is such an integral part of my life. I also found myself cutting photos of nice shoes, boots and slippers and I wondered about that for awhile. I'm really not much of a shoe junkie. Then I realized that I've laid a foundation for this part of my life. I've worked hard to be at a place where I feel energized and excited and so happy to be alive. So all the little shoes are in honor of that. And clocks. There are two on there. I'm aware of the passing of time in a profound way these days. I'm not trying to hold onto it, but I honor it. In this life, it's not unlimited. I included Paul Newman and JoAnne Woodward because they're a couple of my heroes. Actually I think Paul Newman is about my favorite person on the planet.

Of course I included lots of things just because I like them and think they're beautiful. Fall leaves, pumpkins, diamonds, flowers. And you know what I realized when I was done? I realized that not only was I putting an intention out to create success and abundance, I have already created it. Success is a feeling and it's the feeling I have now. I've taken an idea, a project, and I've run with it and am making it happen. That is success. I'm sitting here with my sweet kitty in my lap, with a full belly and a world full of friends and loved ones. That is abundance.

Oh yeah, and I included that big "big" 'cause I don't know about you, but I'm kinda tired of thinking small.

Also, I'm thinking this can be a great recovery tool as well. Creating a board that symbolizes all the things we want for our sober lives.

I wish you all great and endless success and abundance.

14 comments:

Sherri said...

I love this, Angela. I once tried to make a vision board, but I think I went about it the wrong way. I decided what I wanted to put on it, then I looked through magazines to find pictures of those things. I stalled after about six pics, and it just looked so sparse that I got discouraged and stuck it behind the tv cabinet.

I think what I need to do is to look through those mags and just cut out anything that grabs me, instead of looking for a picture to fit a criteria.

Thanks for putting yourself out there like you do.

Pammie said...

OK..I'm inspired. I want to do this, without research and expectations of perfection. Thank you for posting this for ME ;)

Angela said...

Sherri,

It worked for me to have a general idea what I was looking for and then let the pictures speak to me.

Angela said...

Thanks for stopping by, Pam. I'll be visiting your blog.

Anonymous said...

This is VERY inspiring, Angela. I'm thinking I'd like to do this with my daughter Maddie. Too excellent. Thanks for posting about it!

Anonymous said...

And Peace Be to You as well
Dear Angela ~~ O O beej

Jane said...

Angela,

Thanks for you comment over at my blog this morning! Let me say before getting on with my comment here that, if you see any jewelry that I've posted on the blog lately that you're interested in, just e-mail me and let me know. I'd be happy to do something off etsy, as I think it's going to take a little time to get all of my things posted over there.

I loved this post of yours. I'm such a huge fan of magazine art. I'm getting better at throwing out lots of old ones but not before I pull them apart for images. I keep piles of magazine images that I love for color and composition in future projects.

jennifergg said...

I loved this board and responded to the "Yes" and the "open arms" because I'm striving for those things in my life, too...but I ESPECIALLY love this board now, after you've explained what it means to you.


It's terrific, and so are YOU!

awannabe said...

What a colorful and exciting blog you have. I came through odat recovery links. We're running neck and neck in the rankings. I had to see who the competition was :=)

Angela said...

Thanks, Jennifer, Jane & Awannabe.

Olivia said...

This was a wonderful post, Angela, another one that was extremely helpful to me. It helped me to see how I really want to shift from struggling to receive the good to EMBRACING ABUNDANCE. The difference between the two is large. I wanted to thank you for highlighting just what it means to embrace abundance in this post. Abundantly yours, O

Angela said...

Olivia,

I'm so glad you found it helpful. Sometimes it's just a matter of *recognizing* that we are living in abundance. I think that attracts more.

Love ya!

Kate Robertson said...

I found you through Olivia's site and love your post on Vision boards. I did some a year ago and have been thinking its time to do them again, yours are really awesome. thanks for sharing them.

Kate

Grandmama Carla said...

Inspiring post Angela. I have heard of vision boards for years, and haven't made one in a long time, or really knew at the time how to tap the energy of it. Great idea to use it as a recovery tool. You are getting closer and closer to creating a supplement or subsitute recovery option: AA for the rest of us-- or "Eclectic Recovery" ER. ER. Has a ring to it. ERC Eclectic Recovery Community.