Sunday, October 21, 2007

The Soul's Companion


This is my much loved and well worn daily meditation book. I can always count on the readings to remind me of the sacredness of life . . . my life. From yesterday's reading:

Time and Space

I will look beyond time and space into the infinite nature of the Universe, into soul. What I see around me is not all there is to this world. Call me crazy, but I see more. I trust my eyes and I trust my heart. What I see with my mind and my heart are just as real for me as what I see with my eyes. Reality is multi-layered. When I am still and quiet it unfolds itself to me. Its wisdom and meaing seep effortlessly into my pores. I come to understand truth and soul because I sense its presence within me. I am a part of this divine mystery of life. I am indivisible with the whole, a cog in an ever-turning wheel of time, beyond which lies eternity, more life, more me, more it.

I see beyond space and time.

The influence of the senses has in most men overpowered the mind to that degree that the walls of time and space have come to look real and insurmountable; and to speak with levity of these limits is, in this world, the sign of insanity. Yet time and space are but inverse measures of the force of the soul." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Gotta love Mr. Emerson

4 comments:

Annie Z said...

Excellent! I read it aloud to myself tonight.
Annie
xxx

Lisa said...

The current challenge quote over at Artella right now is, “I shut my eyes in order to see." - Paul Gaughin

Your book is beautifully worn. You are beautiful.

jennifergg said...

I love love love the dog-eared, tattered, well-worn state of this book. I think there is no higher praise than a book that has been so cherished!

Anonymous said...

This is exactly what Tolle is trying to get across in his book The Power of Now. Thank you for telling of this book of yours.