Sunday, April 15, 2012

The Physical Component

If there is one thing that's glaringly missing from all the models I discussed in the previous post it's the physical component of alcoholism and addiction. Most alcoholics and addicts are malnourished, have weakened livers and immune systems, are hypoglycemic, and suffer endocrine and hormone disruption.

Part of my recovery work will be researching this and learning how to support the body in recovering from alcohol and drug abuse.

Personally, I won't feel my recovery is complete until I give up the cigarettes and probably the coffee.

I ordered a book today about just this thing and I'll be writing about that as well.

Thanks for visiting Eclectic Recovery.

1 comment:

Allyson said...

Hey!
Have you consider qigong? It's physical, but not too hard, and really renews and heals the body and spirit. You can see some videos of it and there's also an audio qigong meditation.
http://www.todaysstep.com

Good luck on your journey!